Thursday, October 18, 2007

Big Fish

Big fish, little fish, red fish, blue fish...
For some reason when ever I meet new people they become fascinated with our family. They can't get enough of the stories, characters, etc. When I tell stories I always tell the ones I like the best and then add a little something extra.
What are some of the stories that you tell the most and which ones do you feel have become the most inflated over the years?
These stories will also help me for a new section on my blog called old war stories, where once and a while I will tell a good story from our past.

One of my favorites: I only tell a select few this one or I will alter it so it does not sound so profane. I will always bust this story out when ever I am playing games. It was when we were all out at mom's house for Christmas. It was late one night and we were down stairs playing the lame Family game that was introduced to us by C-Hag. Anyway mom was reading the names and Doug slipped in an extra one that was a fake name like the ones Bart Simpson calls Moe's tavern with. So, mom is reading the names and comes across Doug's extra one and she reads it out perfect. She slows down has a puzzled look on her face and we are all stunned. Doug's face is exploding with mirth, mom says something like, "For heaven's sake", we all die laughing, Doug propels himself off the coach lands onto he floor and starts convulsing. It might have been the funniest thing in my life. I am laughing like and idiot in the office right now thinking about it.

Most inflated: The time Me, Doug, and Homer were out side of ShopRite and the stupid deli or dilly saying came up. First of all who cares. I can't believe we still talk about it and it didn't even happened the way Doug said. I don't even think he can recall what really happened. What tangled webs we weave...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i rarely tell people stories, i almost never have a chance, when do you guys get the opportunity, how does it come up. anyway my favorite story is how P puts himself at every event, i thought only chris and jason were there for that. i will do some research and put up a video re-enactment of it so we all the know the truth.

Lord Baldemort said...

I love stories about Taco Bell and fights. Those are my favorite ones. I won't mention any specific fight stories because I don't want to implicate anyone. Paintball stories are also good but largely inflated.

Brittany said...

I don't get to tell stories too often either. No one cares. Boo hoo. Anyway, I like to tell the story about Water balloon Monday, Tom hiding in the crack of Jason's bed, and Lick your lips.

The Donkey said...

I think I should start writing full accounts of the stories. I love the time out room, underground forts, mischief (eggs, dirt bombs, mischief nights), work stories, school stories (letting that huge dog in and watching it run through the halls, getting onto the intercom and yelling over the PA system, special classes), hanging out with friends (manhunt, Dave's house, Mark's house, Kelly's house), every Halloween

Recondo said...

Maybe we should all write accounts adn then we can see how our shared storis overlap and read stories we might not have known about each other.