Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Acting your age

As you know Dad and I live with Grandpappy, the original old buzzard.
Grandpa is not allowed to drive his car because he is a hazard to himself and others on the road. So, his car just sits in the drive way not being used. There was only ONE time Dad used Grandpa's car while he was napping because his Jeep wasn't working. When Grandpa woke to realize his car was gone, he turned to question me. "Where's that father of yours?!"
"ah...I have no idea" I responded
"rashafrickin (or something like that) I'll give him a piece of my mind when he gets back from joyriding."

Yesterday after dinner Grandpa went out for a smoke, Dad and I excitedly whispered plans to wait until he went to bed and take his car to go shopping.
"We wont have to wait too long, he goes to bed at six freaking thirty."
"Ya, but then he usually gets up a half an hour later to smoke."
"Okay, we'll just sit there watching TV until were sure he's asleep."
So, at 6 freaking 30 Grandpa went to bed, like he usually does, while "Ronnie" and I sat in front of the TV trying to look nonchalant. Like clock work, Grandpa got up, gave us his signature crusty buzzard look and perched himself outside to smoke. Pops and I exchanged giddy smiles. After Grandpaps went to bed for the second time we nervously waited for 15 minutes until we were sure he was asleep. Dad quickly jumped up and stole Grandpa's keys from its hiding place and clutched his prize in his hands. "YES! Lets go!" He squealed like a preschool girl. We raced outside and hoped into our getaway mobile.
"This is so weird. Your 55, and Im 21, yet here we are sneaking out and taking your Dad's car." I thought aloud.
"I know isn't it great? Even better, I have his card, lets get some treats!" Ronnie said grinning.

Based on a true story

2 comments:

phillyz said...

i can picture your goofy faces

Brittany said...

me too. you too are silly