Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Prayers answered

I wanted to thank everyone who fasted and prayed for me to find a job. I will relate the experience of how those prayers were answered. After searching for months for a job in NJ I was beginning to get discouraged. I had several interviews, some that went very well, but nothing was happening. At the suggestion of Pete some particiated in a fast on my behalf. This coupled with my own personal and family fasts and prayers gave me confidence that I would get a job. More time passed and every lead was turning into a dead end. School was scheduled to start in mere weeks and still nothing. I began to get nervous. Karine and I had discussed the possibility of moving, but neither of us really wanted to especially not out of the state, and not to Utah. To my surprise she said one day she thought we should move to Utah. I was kind of shocked but figured we should look into the option. We prayed about knowing if it was right and felt good about the move. We began planning and making arrangements to move. After a week or so we started getting cold feet not knowing if we should really move that far with no real employment and insurance guarantees. We determined to pray and fast again to gain confirmation that we should go. In less than 24 hours we received our answer that we should go. Karine's mom had also suggested the possibility of me going ahead of the family and looking or work and housing. We also felt that this was right and within 36 hours I was gone. Upon arriving in Utah I was fairly certain that I would have to look for a job other than teaching. To my surprise I found several openings and even got an interview at a middle school in Midvale. Within a week I was offered a social studies teaching position at the school. Certainly these events were not a series of coincidences. It just reaffirms what I already knew, God hears and answers our prayers, sometimes unexpectedly; but He does answer them.

2 comments:

Lord Baldemort said...

Glad things worked out for you. Things always seem to work out.

The Donkey said...

I love fasting because it always works! I have never had a negative experience. Sometimes I think I want to skip it, but then think, "I must be crazy to pass that up!"